- 🌱 The project
- About us
- Project overview
- 👋 The role
- Required skills
- Bonus tracks
- 👉 What's in it for you
- Other Perks
- What not to expect
- What to expect
- The onboarding process
- You should not join us if you...
🌱 The project
Life expectancy is around 85 in Western countries; However "Healthy Life expectancy" (without disability) is only 65. Our seniors live over 20% of their lives with with bad health and limitations, many of which can be avoided or delayed with the proper guidance and by improving lifestyle and behaviors. We set up the mission to increase people's Healthy Life Expectancy for millions to avoid dependency.
We are building an AI Longevity Coach for seniors at home. In particular, we start with Frailty. Frailty is a silent epidemic that affects over 50% of the senior population. Frailty leads to loss of equilibrium, then a bad falling, then long rehab, reduced muscle, sacorpenia, en finally dependance, with the massive impact to their families and society. Frailty can be reverted with proper evaluation, exercise plans, motivation and monitoring. This has been proven in the offline world with the methodology of world-renowned longevity professor Viña. He has joined our company to create a longevity methodology online. Frailty is our first pillar in our Longevity Plan.
Founder team has decades of combined experience working with seniors, longevity, building and scaling tech products and starting companies. We are building a world-class team, with a small and strong pack of core members with the experience and motivation to make the project to fulfill it's vision and ambition. You will join as one of the first, and will use the opportunity to shape what will come after for you and your fellow peers. We believe in our purpose. We are here for the long run.
We have raised venture capital from some top VCs, which gives us a minimum runway of 18 months in the worst case scenario.
We have recently launched our alpha version of the product and are very soon starting to get real feedback from users. It is very far from our ambitions at every level. We need to improve the value added, the features, the performance, the quality of the service, the content. We have a large roadmap ahead to help Seniors live healthier longer lives.
We lean towards openness and transparency. Check our
👋 The role
You will start working with our mobile Apps and related backend. We are too small and it's too early to be very specific about what exactly we will need in 6 months. We expect you to help us define that. You understand this, and you will thrive in such environment.
You will work directly for the CTO in a small horizontal team. You will contribute to the product and roadmap definition, from OKRs to Epics to Tasks, that build our long term milestones. You'll switch hats when needed and push in the area where most needed. But that does not mean it has to be crazy. You will help building the right processes to ensure it is not so.
Things you will do from day one:
- Code scalable software that shall be used by millions of seniors.
- Help us build the product experience and UX.
- Drive process in an agile environment. Help improve all processes and connection with business.
- Analyze data to improve the product, process and team. Help find what we should build next.
- Work along your peers to prioritize business and product goals.
- Be involved in the hiring processes.
- Building for seniors is very different from what you may have done before. Guidelines and common tools may not fit perfectly here. You will sometimes have to fight your instincts.
- First stage will include lots of user research and trial and error. You will be confident with taking decisions based on data (sometimes incomplete, blurry or qualitative) and with designing the experiments to learn the next piece of the puzzle.
- We solve a hard problem, over building a specific technology. We don't fall in love with technologies. You will need to acquire contextual knowledge.
- Product and user experience is more important than lines of code. You will need to think like a product engineer, rather than a software engineer. You think about the product and the customer all the time.
- Product will evolve, parts of the tech stack come and go, features deleted. You will be comfortable letting code go.
- Finding Product Market Fit is always a challenge. It will be the most important one for you and your team.
- We are a fully remote company from day one, with its many small benefits and its few big challenges.
- You might have professional experience at another company, or perhaps not. But you have your own personal tech projects in any field that you can show us to impress. Voice tech, mobile apps, open source contributions..
- You are proficient in at least one (any) of our languages and stack (Node, Flutter, JS, Voice technology, ML) or have transferrable skills.
- You enjoy writing clean, elegant, performant code. You enjoy things that work elegantly.
- You understand why best practices are important. You feel comfortable in agile environments: CI, code reviews, pair programming, git workflows, etc. Or at least you feel comfortable taking the time to learn them and taking them seriously.
- You are willing to learn, or you already know, how to handle the moving parts of any stack: DevOps, cloud services, APIs, data pipelines, you name it.
- You understand that tech without product thinking is useless. You can be techy but you think about how people use things, you care about the actual problem.
- You are happy operating autonomously, and you enjoy building software as a team.
- You make others better. You understand you don't own code.
- It itches you when something does not work. You rub the itching but it won't go away until you find a more elegant solution that works.
- You adhere naturally to our values.🏛️Our culture
- You are open minded, resilient, optimist and exercise a positive attitude.
- Good English. You are not afraid to share your opinions
- Your background is typically a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Math degree, with a software development branch. If you don't have a degree (e.g. you are doing a career change from a Software Development Bootcamp background) we will want to see personal side projects and open source code.
- Working experience in Machine Learning techniques / NLP / Data Science. Or you are really interested in learning.
- You are a software polyglot.
- You contribute to Open Source. Share examples.
- You have own or pet projects. Share examples.
We believe in attitude over aptitude. If you don't check many of the items above, but feel you could be a great fit, we encourage you to consider applying. Make sure to explain why.
👉 What's in it for you
- Working on healthy ageing is one of the most rewarding and fascinating fields of the moment.
- Full remote team and culture from day one.
- Company committed to building the best version of itself possible: culture, processes, personal growth, team collaboration, transparency, working environment.
- Work with great tools and great people. We value our time and will value yours.
- Ability to define the future of the company, rather than being more hands.
- High accountability environment, with very few yet high caliber people who will do many things, so a lot to learn.
- No control of time. We trust you.
- We promise transparency and treating you like an adult.
- Package that rewards commitment to self improvement, proficiency and humanity.
- Fun retreats at the inner forests of Valencia. Our home setting is at Balneario de Cofrentes.
- Salary range €20-33k, depending on skills and what you can bring.
- We understand and respect personal life.
- No ping pong tables.
- Solid memes.
- We aim to work fewer hours. No meetings on Fridays.
- We understand introverts.
What not to expect
- Don't expect to build DeepMind's AI. Yes we do NLP and ML but at the Pareto levels that allow us to focus on product market fit.
- Don't expect a perfectly defined Roadmap. It is 1% done. Expect uncertainty.
- Don't expect gurus, hackers and ninjas. We are humble people who like to do things right because we care about the problem.
- Don't expect flashy startup parties. We are frugal.
- Don't expect we have answers to all your questions. If we don't, we will tell you that we don't have them.
- Don't expect us to grow the team aggressively. We don't measure success by size of team. You are one of very few. We will need to be pretty overwhelmed before we take on more people.
What to expect
- A seasoned C-team. A CEO who will get his hands dirty. A CTO who cares more about product, people and process than technology. A CCO with tons of experience delivering longevity services to seniors.
- Subject matter experts in the field of longevity. You will learn a lot about it.
- No dramas, no politics and no internal secrets. We will speak to you the way we speak in this job description.
- We are a product company. Product product product. Product. Not tech. Not marketing. Expect to wear the product manager hat quite a bit.
- Expect accountability. No hiding. No excuses. We do what we promise.
- Expect that we will take our culture very seriously. Read it carefully.
- The first MVP has already some technical debt. Expect that we acknowledge that. Expect we care to fix it. When? When we have sufficient product Market Fit or growth that makes the business case for the debt worth fixing. Not earlier. Not later. Not because refactoring is fun.
- Expect random peaks of work. But out of peak we will not make up random tasks just to extract more work from people. Go to the park. Read fiction. Travel.
- Expect that we expect you to make the company better. We will listen. And act.
- Expect to change roles or to get your hands dirty with unrelated things to your main job description when it is needed.
- Expect to be important from your first day.
- Expect that we will care about your personal and profesional development. The moment we believe we cannot give you the right growth pathway for whatever reason, we will help you find other opportunities outside.
The onboarding process
On your first 30 days you will probably have pushed new features to production, fixed a few bugs and understood what we want to do. You will have started to design some user flows with our designer. You will have defined an epic. You will also have spent at least 2 hours at our contact centre making calls to our customers (or at least listening in), and interviewing them. You will have played a lot with the product and recommended at least 10 improvements.
You should not join us if you...
Expect to know exactly what your job will entail.
Need more than 18 months runway certainty for your personal safety and finances.
Prefer to have an unalterable roadmap longer than 4 weeks ahead.
Prefer to work at flashy offices.
Prefer to be an expert in just one technology.
Prefer to receive specs and not touch the customer directly.
Prefer someone to manage what you should do every day.
Cannot adhere to most of our values.
If you would like to apply, or if you have questions, reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Job Openings and information here: