- 👋 The role
- What you will do
- Our tech stack
- Required skills
- 👉 What's in it for you
- Other Perks
- What to expect
👋 The role
What you will do
You will work with our mobile products, built mostly with a flutter codebase and some pinches of native code.
You will work directly for the CTO in a small horizontal team. You will contribute to the product and roadmap definition, from OKRs to Tasks, that build our long term milestones. You can switch hats and push in the area where most needed. You will help building the right processes and the future of the engineering team.
Things you will do from day one:
- Code scalable software that will be soon used by millions of seniors.
- Follow and advocate best practice software engineering principles within the team.
- Participate in technical, architecture and product decisions.
- Drive process in an agile environment. Help improve all processes and connection with business.
- Building for seniors is very different from what you may have done before. Guidelines and common tools may not fit perfectly here. You will sometimes have to fight your instincts or experience to put the customer first.
- We solve a hard problem, over building a specific technology. We don't fall in love with technologies. You will need to acquire contextual knowledge.
- Product will evolve, parts of the tech stack come and go, features deleted. Parts of your early code will be let go.
- We are a fully remote company from day one, with its many small benefits and its few big challenges.
- Mobile development at scale is a challenge. But you know that already.
Our tech stack
Our current products are built using this stack. We don't expect you know all of these pieces. We're in the process of evolving it and we expect you to have or grow opinions on how to improve it.
- Mobile Apps: Flutter / Dart to support Android and iOS apps.
- Infrastructure: Firebase, Firestore, Cloud functions and other mobile-oriented services. AWS, Google Cloud, Agora for storage and video media delivery.
- Segment, Amplitude, BigQuery and related tools for data analysis.
- Working experience developing mobile applications. You know how to iterate fast and experienced the pains of growth in this particular environment.
- Experience with Dart and/or Flutter and Firebase. If you don't, you are a good native developer (Android / iOS).
- Good knowledge of software development principles and patterns in OOP.
- You enjoy writing clean, elegant, performant code. You are pragmatic. You know when to do quick and dirty.
- You understand why best practices are important. You feel comfortable in agile environments: Kanban, CI, code reviews, pair programming, git workflows, etc. You have project management, problem-solving and planning skills. You understand prioritization and delivery accountability.
- You can operate autonomously. You understand building software is a collaborative effort.
- You have experience working remotely, value its pros and are able to deal with its cons.
- You enjoy guiding and teaching others. You make others better. You understand shared code ownership.
- It itches you when something does not work. You rub the itching but it won't go away until you find a more elegant solution that works.
- You are open minded, resilient, optimist and exercise a positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills with good English.
- You adhere naturally to our values.Our culture
Awesome bonus skills
- You are good in at least one (any) backend language and stack, or you are awesome at a transferrable language.
- Experience building backend systems and APIs.
- Working experience in Machine Learning techniques / NLP / Data Science. Or you are really interested in learning.
- You are a software polyglot.
- You are strong in the native mobile development. You built and SDK or you like to tinker with sensors.
- Experience leading teams.
- You contribute to Open Source. Share examples.
- You have own or pet projects. Share examples.
We believe in attitude over aptitude. If you don't check many of the items above, but feel you could be a great fit, we encourage you to consider applying. Make sure to explain why.
👉 What's in it for you
- Working on healthy ageing is one of the most rewarding and fascinating fields of the moment.
- Company committed to building the best version of itself possible: culture, processes, personal growth, team collaboration, transparency, working environment.
- Work from home or from our Madrid/Valencia offices. Full remote team and culture in place.
- Ability to define the future of the company at every level. Be one of the first employees.
- High accountability environment, with very few yet high caliber people who will do many things, so a lot to learn.
- We trust you.
- We promise transparency and treating you like an adult.
- Package that rewards commitment to self improvement, proficiency and humanity.
- Fun retreats at the inner forests of Valencia. Our home setting is at Balneario de Cofrentes in the Valencia's mountains.
- Salary range up to €55k, depending on skills and what you can bring.
- Flexibility with your life. We are open to full-time, part-time or other adjustments you may need. We just want to have with the right people.
- We understand and respect personal life.
- No meetings on Fridays.
- We understand introverts.
- Friendly environment. Solid memes.
What to expect
- On your first 30 days you will probably have pushed new features to production, fixed a few bugs and understood what we want to do. You will have worked with designers to shape a feature. You will have helped define tasks in the kanban. You will have had direct contact with our customers, either helping support them, listening to them or taking part in an interview.
- A team with lots of seniority, experience and passion for the problem we are trying to solve.
- Subject matter experts in the field of longevity. You will learn a lot about it.
- No dramas, no politics and no internal secrets. We will speak to you the way we speak in this job description.
- Accountability. No hiding. No excuses. We do what we promise.
- We will take our culture very seriously.
- Random peaks of work. But out of peak we will not make up random tasks just to extract more work from people. Go to the park. Read. Travel.
- To get your hands dirty when it is needed. To change roles and hats and help us succeed by doing things unrelated to this job description.
- We will care about your personal and profesional development. The moment we believe we cannot give you the right growth pathway for whatever reason, we will help you find other opportunities outside.
- You will make the company better. We will listen.
- To be important from your first day.
If you would like to apply, or if you have questions, reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Job Openings and information here: